Installing on a single computer
These instructions are for installation on the computers local ‘C:’ drive. To install on a different drive follow the instructions for installation on a network server.
To download you must first login, or if this is your first time here, create an account. To create an account click Register, you will receive instructions via email, we will then send an email confirming that your login details have been approved. You will then be able to login.
Once logged in you will be able to access the site's Downloads menu and download the latest Setup program.
Each Quiksoft program has its own Setup program. Using Quikjoint as an example its Setup program is of the form 'QJ32-851.exe' where the last three digits is the release number (in this case release 8.51).
We recommend that you retain the Setup program in a folder 'Quiksoft downloads' on your computer.
- Download the Setup program.
- Run the Setup program and in the second screen choose: 'Stand alone computer'.
- Click 'Next >' to accept the defaults.
Starting the program
- From the desktop shortcut open the 'Quiksoft for Windows' folder.
- Double click on the Quiksoft application.
- Send us the program name and serial number displayed in the program's opening screen. The text details in the form can be selected and copy/pasted directly to an email. We will then send you a four digit unlock code together with instructions for unlocking any design modules (see below). Also see: Contacts.
Optional design modules
Quikport, Quikframe, Quikjoint and Quikbeam have optional design modules. To unlock these:
- Start the application.
- Under the application's Help menu, select: 'Purchase design modules'.
- In the 'Purchase' form select your options, note down the product name, serial number and choice. The text details in the form can be selected and copy/pasted directly to an email, we will the reply with your unlock code. See: Contacts.
For unlock codes and other assistance see: Contacts.